NEW DELHI: The government has announced a phased exit from tomorrow i.e. 1 June, it is widely been regarded as 'Lockdown 5' or 'Unlock 1'. However, the areas which have been declared as 'containment zones' all over the nation will be under lockdown till June 30.
State govt. can initiate additional curbs as per the ground situation regarding the outbreak. Meanwhile, West Bengal, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh have stated that they are extending the lockdown by 1-2 weeks but also announced some relaxations alongside.
Also Read: Coronavirus Cases In India Surge Beyond 1.82 Lakh; 193 New Deaths Reported
The following are the things which will resume functioning:
- Starting from June 1 there shall be no restrictions in terms of movement of people and goods in between or within states. Places like restaurants, hotels and malls will resume from June 8.
- Religious places like temples, churches and mosques will also open from June 8.
- As far as teaching institutions like schools, colleges and coaching are concerned, they will open in the month of July. However, it will only happen after there is due consultation with parents and other stakeholders.
- Railways have also announced that a total of 100 trains will be functioning from Monday, June 1. The bookings have already been open and one can book their seat/berth in a train 30 days prior to the journey.
The following are the things which will continue to remain prohibited:
- Metro services, gymnasiums, International flights, entertainment parks, swimming pools, auditoriums, theatres, multiplexes, cinema halls, auditoriums, and so on will remain closed until further notice.
- Congregations of religious and political nature will remain out of bounds.
- Although, religious places are re-opening, joining a religious procession during a festival is not allowed. This restriction will get eased in the third phase of the unlocking after the much-needed consultation by the stakeholders.
- A night curfew has also been initiated from 9 pm to 5 am which will continue to remain until further notice.
Although there are lots of exemptions which got initiated in this 5th phase of the lockdown, everyone will still be expected to wear masks and practice social distancing and take care of personal hygiene.
Also Read: COVID-19 Cases Surging In Delhi, But Nothing To Worry About: Kejriwal
A standard operating procedure by the Health Ministry will also get issued for all new openings soon.