Friendly, generous, affectionate, warm, considerate, gentle, and nice- all these happy words are associated with kindness. To think that the word has a connotation of “weakness” is being naïve!
Kindness requires strength, compassion, and rectitude.
13 November is globally observed as World Kindness Day. Introduced in 1998 by a coalition of nations’ kindness NGO’s, “it is a day that encourages individuals to overlook boundaries, race and religion”, as put by Gulf News.
Let’s take today as an opportunity to spread positivity and warmth to a world that is in dire need of it. We have compiled some quotes that will encourage you to set out on the path of kindness.
1. “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – Harold S. Kushner
2. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Pubilius Syrus
3. “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
4. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob Kerrey
5. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes the ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
6. Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
7. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” – Tommy Lee Jones
8. “Always be kinder than necessary.” – James M. Barrie
9. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana