United States Vice President Mike Pence's spokesperson confirmed that he will not be self-quarantining himself after his aide tested positive for the deadly COVID-19 disease adding that Pence plans to be at the White House on Monday.
Spokesperson to the vice president, Devin O’Malley said that Pence “will continue to follow the advice of the White House Medical Unit and is not in quarantine,” CNN reported.
In a statement, O’Malley said, “Additionally, Vice President Pence has tested negative every single day and plans to be at the White House tomorrow."
Another official said that while Pence's schedule may be on the lighter side, he will not go into complete isolation.
On Friday, the vice president’s press secretary Katie Miller was found to test positive for the novel coronavirus. She is the second White House to be tested positive for this highly infectious virus.
On Thursday, the White House acknowledged the positive test result for a member of the U.S. military who works on the White House campus and added that Trump and Pence had since tested negative.
So far, there are a total of 1,328,201 cases of coronavirus in the United States and at least 79,508 people have died from the virus.
The deadly virus which emerged last December in the Chinese city of Wuhan has till now infected more than 4 million people worldwide. The COVID-19 has pushed the global economy into a standstill with many countries announcing full or partial lockdowns.