On Wednesday, the Chinese health officials said it received reports of 119 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and 38 deaths on Tuesday on the mainland.
Out of the 38 deaths, 37 were in Hubei Province and 1 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, consistent with the National Health Commission (NHC).
Meanwhile, 143 new suspected cases were reported, said the Commission.
Also on Tuesday, 2,652 people were discharged from hospital after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 390 to 6,416, Xinhua press agency reported.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 80,270 by the top of Tuesday, including 27,433 patients who were still being treated, 49,856 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 2,981 people that had died of the disease.
The commission said that 520 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
The commission added 36,432 close contacts were still under medical observation. On Tuesday, 6,250 people were discharged from medical observation.
100 confirmed cases including two deaths had been reported by the end of Tueswithin the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 10 confirmed cases within the Macao SAR, and 42 in Taiwan, including one death.
37 patients in Hong Kong, 9 in Macao and 12 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospital after recovery.