NEW DELHI: Amid the widespread of the deadly coronavirus, people are doubtful about this year's Indian Premier League. However, BCCI President Sourav Ganguly ensured that it is "on" and the board will take all the necessary precautionary measures against COVID-19.
When asked how is the board prepping to deal with the epidemic virus for the IPL 2020, Ganguly said, "It's on...and BCCI will take all protection (against coronavirus)."
Official data, that has been put forward by the health ministry, states that 30 people test positive of the coronavirus in India so far. The government, as well as the hospital, has been taking proper steps so as to not let the virus spread in the country.
According to reports, a senior official of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said that the board will send out copies of the precautionary guidelines that have been recommended by the government. All the stakeholders which include players, airlines, team hotels, franchises, broadcast crews and everyone involved in the tournament will be receiving those guidelines.
BCCI will also advise the players not to shake hands with any fan or even players and not to take pictures with devices that are not owned by them.
Many sporting events across the globe have been canceled or postponed due to the outbreak of coronavirus. There are even threats over Tokyo Olympics that will be played in July-August this year.
The IPL 2020 will kickstart on March 29 and two of the best teams will face each other in the opener. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will take on the defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) at Mumbai's Wankhade Stadium. The match might remind you of the grand finale of last year.