On Tuesday, Facebook announced the launch of 'Facebook Pay' in the US. It is a payment service that is going to compete with other services like GooglePay, OnePlus Pay, Paytm etc.
Also Read: Your Channel Might Be Deleted: Youtube Updated Terms!
Facebook has rolled out this service in the US and plans to spread it everywhere else in the months ahead. This Pay feature will not only be limited to Facebook but it will also come to Whatsapp and Instagram soon.
“Its new Pay feature is going to provide users with a convenient, secure and consistent payment experience across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp while continuing to ensure your payment information is secure and protected”.
With Facebook Pay you can:
- Add your preferred payment method once then use Facebook Pay where available to make payments and purchases on our apps, instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time
- Set up Facebook Pay app-by-app, or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available) — that means we won’t automatically set up Facebook Pay across the apps you are active on, unless you choose to do so
- View payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
- Get real-time customer support via live chat in the US (and in more places around the world in the future)
- Clearly understand which payment services are part of Facebook
You can see the official blog post from facebook down here:
Also Read: Whatsapp Pay: A Competition To Paytm, GooglePay & OnePlus Pay?