Dog Turns On Microwave And Starts House Fire

Publish On: 04 Dec, 2019 12:57 PM | Updated   |   Sj Desk  

In a scary turn of events, a pet dog, who was home alone, ended up starting a small house fire. First thing first, the doggo is unhurt. 

In what could have ended up in disastrous results, the incident took place in Stanford-le-Hope – a town in England. The pet husky's humans were not home when he managed to reach the microwave which was kept on the worktop in the kitchen and turn is on. A packet of bread roll, that was left inside the microwave started burning and caused a small fire in the house. 

The owners were alerted by a fire app installed in the home, following which they immediately got in touch with the fire department. The firefighters rushed to the site and were able to asses and control the situation through the fire app which provided a live stream from a camera inside the house. 

Also Read: Anees Bazmee Reveals Details About 'Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2'

The firefighters were met with a kitchen full of smoke. They stopped the flames from spreading to the rest of the house and rescued the dog promptly. Geoff Wheal, the watch manager at the fire station, said it’s a “very strange incident”. “It demonstrates that microwaves shouldn’t be used to store food when they aren’t in use,” he added.

Also Read: Ranveer Singh Transforms Into A Gujarati Lad For Jayeshbhai Jordaar

Thankfully, the four-legged creature came out without a scratch from the absurd but scary accident. Wheal rightly said that  “animals or children can turn them (microwave) on more easily” than people realize.