NEW DELHI: On his monthly radio programme, 'Mann Ki Baat', the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi addressed the nation and mentioned how people must remain more alert. It is really necessary to be careful than ever as the major part of the economy opened up as the 5th phase of the lockdown got announced starting 1 June.
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs also issued new norms and extended the lockdown till June 30 in some areas. Apart from that, a phased plan has also been established to unlock the nation.
Also Read: Get Familiar With 'Lockdown 5' Facts
The first phase of the lockdown was announced on March 25, in order to contain the spread of the virus and flatten the curve of increasing COVID-19 cases. The strict orders imposed are now only limited to containment zones. Areas with the most number of coronavirus cases have also been sealed till June 30.
In his radio programme, PM Modi put emphasis on the following points:
- Transportations facilities like passenger and air travel were restricted when the PM minister last addressed the country. These restrictions have now been lifted.
- Protocols regarding COVID-19 must be followed more sincerely now.
- As per Modi, despite facing numerous difficult phases, people managed to keep the rapidly spreading virus in check, compared to the rest of the countries with population less than India's.
- He also said that the residents of the country showcased that the way of life is service and sacrifice. The ones who work for others don't face issues. Services provided by doctors and the police has been praiseworthy. The Prime Minister acknowledged their contributions.
- Another thing that stood out for Modi was the innovation by the individuals. He respects those who are working for the society. The battle against the virus will be won depending on the innovations.
- Modi also addressed the Shramik workers, saying that they are suffering the most. The railway representatives are also corona-warriors, said Modi, as they are working 24x7.
- The new steps taken by the centre will ensure that the nation becomes 'self-reliant'.
- People taking leadership initiatives also impressed the Prime Minister. He believes, "It's the human nature to move from darkness to light.
- He also shared a secret in the programme, which was that many international leaders have an interest in Yoga and Ayurveda. Meaning, yoga is important during the times of corona as it has various asanas which can help in building a strong respiratory system.
- He talked about an initiative launched by the AYUSH ministry in the form of a competition where people can send a 3 min video on yoga. He appealed to everyone to take part in it.
- Modi discussed the Ayush Bharat Yojana, under which over 1 crore beneficiaries are getting free treatments. The scheme has also provided portability facility i.e. a person belonging to a place with improper healthcare can get it from another state.
- He brought light to the super cyclone 'Amphan' which created havoc in Odisha and Kolkata. He mentioned that the states fought the national calamity bravely.
- He said that the locust attack proved that even a small insect can create so much damage. It will be fought by adopting new innovations.
- The Prime Minister also mentioned that June 5 is known as the 'World Environment Day'. He appealed to everyone to plant trees on that day and store water for birds.
Also Read: Coronavirus Cases In India Surge Beyond 1.82 Lakh; 193 New Deaths Reported
- Last but not the least, he reminded the listeners to not be careless while fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. Social distancing and other protocols must be followed.