A study was carried out to know what is the best time to get maximum benefits from your Blood Pressure medications.
Also Read: 5 Nuts For Weight Loss #FridayMotivation
About the Study:
The study was published in the "European Heart Journal". The study was done on more than 19,000 people and the timings of their medicine intake were studied and monitored for six years.
The study emphasized the focus on morning and bedtime medication. It was found out that People who took BP medicines just before going to bed had 66% lesser chances of dying from heart problems.
The risks were reduced for the following
- For heart failure by 42 percent
- For stroke by 50 percent.
The author of the study said
- "Taking anti-hypertensive medication just before sleeping is more effective in controlling blood pressure, "
- "Currently, the guidelines for treating hypertension don’t specify a preferred time for treatment. Most physicians often advice morning ingestion in order to reduce BP levels in the morning. "
So it is beneficial to take BP medications in the night before bedtime.
Also Read: Can Almonds Have Anti-Aging Effects?
How to prevent BP problems?
- Keep a healthy body weight. Try to stay in the Body Mass Index fit zone (BMI).
- Eat a healthy diet that includes fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products.
- Cut down salt from your diet. Not totally but consume salt in a very small quantity.
- Do regular aerobic exercises. Hit the gym or just do brisk walking for 30 mins daily.
- Reduce Alcohol from your diet. If you consume too much alcohol you are going to get blood pressure-related troubles.
Also Read: Daily Drinkers; At the risk of Dementia